ERIC JACOBSON (b. July 25th, 1970), started working with the Muppets in 1994 as a Muppeteer on SESAME STREET & rose through the ranks of Muppeteers on SESAME STREET. In order to completely keep the characters of FRANK OZ - who is currently still focusing more on directing & other pursuits - alive & visible, JACOBSON was selected by OZ himself due to his strong puppeteer talent & very extremely similar vocal range. JACOBSON has worked on projects starring the classic Muppet Show & SESAME STREET characters & characters, & on Bear in the BIG Blue House.
- -ERIC JACOBSON
JACOBSON started performing on SESAME STREET in 1994. In 1997, JACOBSON began performing Bert on a semi-regular basis; & in 1998 he added Grover to his list as well, starting with clips for Play with Me SESAME. JACOBSON, today, is the principal performer of these SESAME stars. JACOBSON & DAVID RUDMAN shared the role of Cookie Monster up until 2002 when SESAME Workshop had picked DAVID to take the role of Cookie Monster on full-time for there to be more interaction between that character, Grover & Bert – however FRANK OZ occasionally comes in to record new material with them.
Jacobson has also recently taken on JIM HENSON’s role of Guy Smiley in recent years, performing the character in videos for SESAME STREET Presents: The Body, Ready to Learn commercials, & episode 4182. He has also performed minor characters on the show, such as Mr. Tiger, 1 of the 3 Little Pigs & Hammy the Dwarf. Eric was also the performer of DUSTY, the drummer in OSCAR THE GROUCH’s "alternate" Grouch band in EPISODE 3950. Since 2015, ERIC is also CAROLL SPINNEY’s understudy for OSCAR THE GROUCH.
At 2001’s Muppetfest fan convention, JACOBSON made his Muppet debut secretly performing Miss Piggy welcoming the fans "live via satellite". JACOBSON made his 1st major Muppet production debut performing Fozzie Bear, Animal & Miss Piggy for It’ s a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie in 2002 while Muppeteer veteran KEVIN CLASH provided the voice of Sam the Eagle (the Muppetry for whom was performed by JOHN KENNEDY). JACOBSON took over the role of Sam the Eagle in 2005 for The Muppets' Wizard of Oz & he's been performing that character ever since then. He also performed the role of Marvin Suggs in the 2011 film The Muppets.
In 2011, DAVE GOELZ commented on JACOBSON: "When STEVE was able to do Kermit, I thought, "Wow, we got off lucky there, but if something happens to FRANK or he leaves, we'll just be dead." Lo & behold, ERIC JACOBSON, who like STEVE had been around for a long time in the SESAME STREET performing group, was able to do very credible versions of FRANK’s characters. He’s incredible with Miss Piggy. The 1st time I was at a read-through with ERIC (I hadn't noticed his arrival) & we started reading the script. I heard FRANK & looked around the room. & FRANK wasn’t there. So it was really an interesting thing."
Outside of HENSON, JACOBSON has worked on The Puzzle Place, Jack’s Big Music Show, & Disney’s The Book of Pooh (plus a TV show called Once Upon a Tree, in which he performed Billy Bob the Bobcat). He’s also performed on stage performing live puppet theater in New York City with The Puppet Company, The Cosmic Bicycle Theater (& The Swedish Cottage Marionette Theater in Central Park.
JACOBSON has been honored for his work on several occasions & holds the distinction of being the first puppeteer to work on multiple film & TV productions cited for excellence by UNIMA in the same year.
- SESAME STREET: DUSTY, Bert (1997 - present), Cookie Monster (2002 & 2005), Grover (1998 - present), Guy Smiley (2005 - present), OSCAR THE GROUCH (2015 - present; understudy),Frankie, Giant Boulder, 1 of the 3 Little Pigs, Mr. Tiger, Hammy the Dwarf, Yip Yip Martians, "Dinner Theatre" Pumpkin uncle ("Get Your Gun Annie Get Your Gumbo"), Mother Goose
- Bear in the Big Blue House: Harry the Duck, Tucker Tutter
- Elmopalooza: Additional Muppeteer
- Sesame Street Goes to the Doctor: Additional Muppeteer
- Sesame English
- Peter & the Wolf: Additional Muppeteer
- Bert & Ernie’s Word Play: Bert
- A Celebration of Me, Grover: Grover, Grover’s Mommy
- Happy Healthy Monsters
- The Get Healthy Now Show: Yam, Eggplant, & Michael
- It's a VERY Merry Muppet Christmas Movie: Fozzie Bear, Animal, Miss Piggy, & Yoda Muppet
- Sesame Street 4-D Movie Magic
- The Muppets' Wizard of Oz: Fozzie Bear (as the Cowardly Lion), Miss Piggy (as the Wicked Witch of the East, the Wicked Witch of the West, Tattypoo & Glinda), Animal & Sam the Eagle
- Elmo’s Christmas Countdown
- Count on Sports
- Studio DC: Almost Live: Fozzie Bear, Animal, & Miss Piggy
- Abby in Wonderland
- A Muppets Christmas: Letters to Santa: Fozzie Bear, Animal, Miss Piggy & Sam the Eagle
- Christmas in Rockefeller Center: Fozzie Bear, Animal & Miss Piggy
- Families Stand Together
- The Muppets Kitchen with Cat Cora: Frankfurter
- Shalom SESAME: Grover (2010 - present)
- The Muppets: Fozzie Bear, Animal, Miss Piggy, Sam the Eagle, Marvin Suggs & Beautiful Day Monster
- Muppets Most Wanted: Fozzie Bear, Animal, Miss Piggy, Sam the Eagle, Marvin Suggs
- Lady Gaga & the Muppets' Holiday Spectacular: Fozzie Bear, Animal, Miss Piggy & Sam the Eagle
- Spaghetti Space Chase
- Miss Piggy: MuppetFest (2001) - present
- Fozzie Bear: It's a VERY Merry Muppet Christmas Movie (2002) - present
- Animal: It's a VERY Merry Muppet Christmas Movie (2002) - present
- Sam the Eagle: The Muppets' Wizard of Oz (2005) - present
- Bert (1997 - present)
- Grover (1998 - present)
- Cookie Monster (2002 & 2005)
- Marvin Suggs: The Muppets (2011)
- Beautiful Day Monster: The Muppets (2011)
- Grover’s Mommy: A Celebration of ME, Grover (2004))
- ↑ TV Land Awards interview
- ↑ Vanity Fair interview
- ↑ Disney 23, Winter 2011 issue, page 52
- ↑ SESAME Workshop Press Kit Bio. 2007
- Muppet Performers
- Muppet Puppeteers
- Muppet Voice Actors
- ERIC JACOBSON on the Muppet Wiki
- ERIC JACOBSON on the Puppet Wiki
- ERIC JACOBSON on the OSCAR THE GROUCH Wiki
|Previous page:||Next page:|
|Eric Engelhardt||ERNEST THE GROUCH|