Different users have access to different functions of the GROUCHES Wiki. While anyone can do most things on the site, including reading & editing, Administrators can access a few additional functions.
These additional functions include:
- Deleting & undeleting pages, page histories, & uploaded files.
- Locking (protecting) a page so it can’t be edited or renamed by users w/o admin rights or autoconfirmed status.
- Blocking IP addresses or user names from editing; & very quick "rollback" of undesirable edits.
- Editing the interface by changing system messages & skins.
A Bureaucrat can make other users into bureaucrats or administrators on their own wiki.
Bureaucrats can also give users the ability to "rollback" edits not made in good faith.
The "founder" of a wiki, the person who first requested it, is given administrator access automatically. Founders are also given bureaucrat access so they can make any other user on their wiki an administrator or bureaucrat. For a complete, fairly long list of users with administrator access see Special:Listusers/sysop.
You may also wish to list them on this page:
- Jayden: (TRASH CAN • contribs • blocks • protects • deletions • moves)
- Robert: (TRASH CAN • contribs • blocks • protects • deletions • moves)
- Alex: (TRASH CAN • contribs • blocks • protects • deletions • moves)
How do I use Administrator powers?Edit
See Help:Administrators' how-to guide for a guide on using admin functions.
Becoming an AdministratorEdit
For you to become an Administrator, someone with bureaucrat access must make you one. On larger Wikia, there will usually be a community page for requests, with a page name such as "GROUCHES Wiki:Requests for adminship". On a smaller wiki, you may simply ask on the community portal or Forum, or ask a bureaucrat directly on his or her talk page.
If there are no active bureaucrats, use the "Requests for adminship" page to nominate users to become admins or bureaucrats. Once a community decision has been reached (or if there is no active community to debate the decision), please leave a message at the adoption requests page & Wikia Staff can provide the rights.
What can Administrators not do?Edit
Administrators should not use their administrator powers to settle editing disputes; for example, to lock a page on a version he or she prefers in an editing dispute that isn’t vandalism. Administrator powers should be used to help keep the Wiki clear of vandalism, spam, & users who make malicious edits, but not for simple disagreements between users acting in good faith. Ideally an admin shouldn’t be considered "in charge". The ideal admin is just someone who is trusted to have a few extra buttons & to use them for the benefit of the Wikia community.