Rumpel was added to Sesamstrasse in 1989 alongside Buh & Simson. The German Grouch was to replace deemed negative characters such as Uli von Bödefeld & Oscar the Grouch: quite a few critics weren't fond of the American Sesame Street set. German kids didn't grow up in a suburb full of trash cans. After a few years of absence, the insert scenes of Oscar returned.
- Rumpel started out with a dark green nose, which became a dark, rusty orange in later seasons.
- Rumpel, along with other international Sesame Street characters, appeared on the cover of Sesame Street Magazine in October 2004. Rumpel's uncle Professor Rumprad Guse invented the very 1st ever Grouch computer.
- Rumpel, at 1 point, had a superhero alter-ego, similar to Super Grover. (YouTube)
- International Sesame Street Characters
- GROUCH Gallery
- Rumpel on the Muppet Wiki
- Rumpel on the Puppet Wiki
- Rumpel on the OSCAR THE GROUCH Wiki
|Previous page:||Next page:|
|Rufus||Rumpel's rain barrel|