Tōru Ōkawa (b. 1960) is a Japanese voice actor who has dubbed multiple roles in Muppet productions, notably OSCAR THE GROUCH, Cookie Monster, & others in the NHK dub of SESAME STREET & in DVD releases, as well as various roles on Muppets Tonight.
A frequent anime voice, Ōkawa voiced Saito in Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex & Optimus Prime in Transformers: Armada. TV dub credits include Tinky Winky on Teletubbies, Andrew Robinson on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine & various guest roles on Full House, The West Wing, & Star Trek: Voyager. Film dub assignments include Ken Watanabe in Batman Begins, Harold Perrineau in The Matrix movies, Chevy Chase in ¡Three Amigos!, Ice T in Scorpion & John Malkovich in Ladies Room. In non-Japanese animation, Ōkawa has dubbed Scarface/The Ventriloquist on The Batman, the narrator on Rocky & Bullwinkle & Victor Quartermaine in Wallace & Gromit in The Curse of the Were-Rabbit.
Muppet/Creature Shop dub creditsEdit
- SESAME STREET (1969 - present) (NHK dub, 813 episodes): OSCAR THE GROUCH, Cookie Monster, Count von Count, Mr. Snuffleupagus, Papa Bear, & others
- The Muppets Take Manhattan (1984) (DVD dub): Rowlf the Dog
- Muppets Tonight (1996 - 1998): Clueless Morgan, Big Mean Carl, Christopher Darden
- Dr. Dolittle (1998): Rat
- Muppets from Space (1999)
- The Adventures of Elmo in GROUCHland (1999): OSCAR THE GROUCH
- Arabian Nights (2002): Chief Executioner
- Kermit’s Swamp Years (2002): Wilson
- It’s a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie (2002)
|Previous page:||Next page:|